Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Day 3: Monday - La Tania

Dave attempts to put the bathroom door that Dangerboy pulled off back together again. The car gets packed up again, and we head off in the direction of Courchevel. The guys get off at Albertville, and get set to ride to La Tania where our hotel is.

Dangerboy and his harem motor over to Moultier to get groceries. I have never been grocery shopping with 3 kids under the age of 7 before. Tis an experience, I tell you. I have also never been grocery shopping where they don't give you bags for your groceries. Tis yet another experience. Chalk another one up for me.


On the way to Courchevel. I'm blocking the Tour De France sign. Duh.

We get into La Tania (after ogling at men going uphill in spandex for pretty much the rest of the way up to the hotel) and then realise that the reception system in France works very different than in any other place I've ever been to. There is no receptionist on duty. Hmm. The door to the room is open, and you come back later (after 5pm, when the receptionist deigns to show up) to pick up your keys and linens. Hmm. We check out the room and then attempt to unload the car with 3 kids in tow. Now that is a sight to see.

I have decided that I'm not so sure if I'm keen on the Buonerba-style family vacation. Every vacation so far has turned into some form of a physical challenge for me. First skiing/snowboarding in Utah, then hiking in Hawaii, and then now pushing a creaky, rusty luggage cart with tons of baggage from the ONLY parking lot all the way across the resort to the room. Yeah. These Buonerbas, I tell you, are crazy. =p

Lisa asks if I feel like a power woman yet, and I reply with a feeble "no"... especially not when faced with a ton of luggage and 3 kids. I have to say Lisa has definitely earned her new last name. I'm still working on it. Think I'll keep "Soh" for a while longer until I've earned my stripes. Or maybe FOREVER!!!

The guys make it back WAAAY later than expected. Guess the TDF boys make the slope up to La Tania look like a piece of cake, cos the ride up took more out of them than they thought. But thankfully they made it back without much incident. Lisa, Kale and I headed out to the store and the car to get more stuff out of the car. For 3 small people, these kids have a lot of stuff! We get caught in a hailstorm in the process..(Yes, another first for me).. and end up looking like pathetic soggy dogs by the time we get back.

"Celebrated" Lisa's birthday with a citron tart and a birthday song..and then crashed into bed.


Lisa's birthday celebration - that citron tart was goood!!

View out of front of Maeva resort @ La Tania

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home