Just around the corner...
So, the Osim Tri's this weekend. And in the spirit of a "Tri", it'll be my 3rd (and probably final) race of the year.
I've got my "mini" tri on Saturday - 200m swim, 10km bike, 2km run, and I'll be an, ahem, old hand at it having done it last year.. ahem ahem. NOT! I barely made it through the swim last year, but I'm hoping that the experience will help with this year's race. Besides, now that I know I can physically complete one of these things, I can push myself harder on the bike. But in true Denise fashion, I haven't trained for it, so I'll probably be entering the race on the same physical footing as I did last year, if not worse!
Kale's doing the full olympic one on Sunday, aka, the one for the true, hardcore, loony-bins! That's 1.5km of swimming, 40km of riding (which I'm sure he'll enjoy every minute of) and 10km of running. Better him than me, is all I can say!
Anyhow, we picked up the tri stuff on Tuesday and got all the gear we need. My only gripe? The color of my swim cap. It's bright green! At least last year's was pink! No one can look good in that shade of green!! Eugh. But, the consolation is that it'll at least sorta match my swimsuit, which is yellow, blue and green... so I guess there is still some salvation. Kale got a normal, dark blue swim cap. Much easier on the eye.
So anyhow, 1 more day to the tri. Wish me luck... when oh when will I learn to train before I do something strenuous like this?? Sigh.. Here's to hoping these swimming lessons that Kale and I are planning on doing materialise at some point before next year's Osim tri (and that DOES NOT mean that I'm committing to do next year's race... it just means I'll think about it.. pffffttt!)
Over and out.


2 Comments:
AAH...you have bought into the "if I can't bet'm, I'll join'm"!!!!! And I do wish you luck ;) (and have fun!)
EC Mom xoxoxoxoxox
yup, exactly! and at least it's a healthy thing that i'm joining in!!! haha. but i think i have to draw the line somewhere... i think 3 races in a year may be it!! hah!
Post a Comment
<< Home