Monday, June 27, 2005

yet another crazy weekend

So, we really need to learn to take the weekends to relax! This past weekend was absolutely crazy. One of our friends from Stanford - Elaine and her boyfriend flew into Singapore on Friday evening for a wedding and they couldn't get a hotel room, so Thursday was spent frantically cleaning up for their arrival.

We picked up the car on Friday evening, headed out to the airport to pick them up at midnight. By the time we rolled into bed at 2am, we were totally pooped. Had to return the car in the morning, so got up at 7 plus to pick my sis up for the dance thing we were supposed to do together. I wasn't feeling up to it so I bailed to get some rest and show Elaine around.

Headed back, realised that rest wasn't on the agenda, corralled everyone and headed out to nearby Tiong Bahru market for brekky and then to Prima for dimsum. (Yes, Mr Dad, that's the restaurant near the port! *grin*)

Kale and I then dropped them off to wander around on their own while we went to help my parents move some stuff over to their new place. Put the tv up, shifted some furniture around and then headed off to Janice's place for her housewarming. Stayed there till 11 or so then bailed to get some rest.

Sunday brought with it yet another race. It was the Singapore National Championships. That meant that the teams were all riding for their local riders. Cycleworx did well - their rider won the Master's race (both the first and the first local). The races were all an hour behind.. so by the time Kale's race started, it was already 11:15am. Thankfully it wasn't that hot!

The race was 23 laps around a 5km loop in NTU. Which meant it was really really long..and the guys had to go up a steep hill 23 times. Fun.


Start of the veterans' race

The start of the open race - Kale's the one crouched down on the left Posted by Hello

Kale riding off at the start


Shortly after the start, Elaine and I headed off to the feedzone (a ridiculous walk away from the start/finish line) where we spent a good 2 hours. Thankfully we had a ride up and back.

Ah-rub, the only local rider from Cycleworx

Coming up to the feedzone for the upteenth time

The mad rush to get to the front and left to get "fed"

Penultimate lap Posted by Hello

Ah-rub made it in as the 4th local. Pretty respectable, given everything. The whole race took 3 and a half hours. Ugh. Once we factored in the prize presentation and clearing up, we realised that we were waaaayyyy off the target of being done by 2pm. It was 4:30pm by the time we got home, and we had held my dad's car hostage the whole day.

I didn't get a chance to take a pic with Kale so I'm hoping to get one off of Uncle Richard's camera... so will post that up as and when I get access to it.

Headed off for a quick dinner with Elaine, Ray and Selene before dropping them off to get a cab to JB to catch their train. We then helped my parents move some more stuff from their place...and then crashed at home out of sheer exhaustion. Kale woke up this morning and said he felt like a zombie. That's pretty much how I feel. Hence this blogging at lunch time to try and ward off the food coma that is sure to ensue.

Ok, guess that's the run-down of the weekend. There was more drama this morning (that involved the cats) but I've already vented about that through other channels, so we shall just leave it that these cats are, and will always remain a major point of contention between my husband and I. I'll provide more details should anyone be interested. =/

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger maleana said...

Well, I guess I need to get past the "tolerating" part which I've been doing for the last 2 years plus and get to the point where I actually care for them enough to forgive their acts of stupidity. The problem is I don't think I'll ever get to that point, and I think it's causing more strife in our marriage than anything else at this moment and it's not good.

It was the one thing I voted as "the thing we would never agree on/cause the most conflict" during our marriage prep class. Bad, huh?

Donch know if the "beeg peecha" will ever happen leh!! *a little bit of singlish there for you*

Am giving the cats another shot for a while cos I know how much Kale loves em, but I think he's getting tired of fighting over them too. I don't think the small apartment is helping any either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home