Back in Asia
We're back in Singapore - the land of humidity, heat, and loads of cheap food and long shopping hours... woo hoo!!!!
I never thought I could miss Singapore, but after Day 6 of expensive Diet Coke and Fries, I found myself thinking longingly about a nice steaming plate of hor fun at the local kopitiam.
So anyhow, it was a whirlwind of a trip. We flew into Zurich on Saturday morning, wandered around Zurich on Saturday -> Drove to Geneva and wandered around Geneva on Sunday -> Drove to La Tania (enroute to Courchevel) on Monday and stayed there for 3 days (and caught stage #10 & 11 of Le Tour) -> Drove a loooooong way through Italy, France and Switzerland back to Fluelen, Switzerland where we stayed for the night -> Drove to Zurich where we spent one last night and day before flying back. Phew! *wipes hand across forehead*
Trip of plenty of "firsts" for me - first time I didn't have a hotel reservation waiting for me at a place (Fluelen), first time we both stayed in a hotel with no attached bathroom, first time I paid SGD$5 for a small bottle of coke, first time I made instant rice, first time I rode a kid's bike since actually being a kid. That's not counting the first times for visiting plenty of places (of course, I'd visited them as a kid but I don't remember any of that)
Will load some pics up soon.. just haven't gotten around to it yet. Work today was pretty busy what with meetings and trying to clear emails that have stockpiled up over the week we were gone.
Better publish this post before the internet connection at home drops again. It's been doing this for a while.. am beginning to think it's the damn modem.
In other news.. we got our Mac Mini today.. only problem is the keyboard ain't working with it right now. Must be smthg to do with the damn PS2 -> USB adapter. Sigh. Looks neat though. Not so sure that I'm a Mac person. No time to find out like the present, I guess....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home