Tri (again) .. haha
So Sunday brought with it Kale's triathlon. 1.5km swim, 40km ride and 10km run. Ouch. Especially when that's combined with a race EVERY weekend for the past 2 months, and him spending Saturday waiting on my hand and foot while I did my tri.
So anyhow, the race went well. Nothing catastrophic happened on the bike, which spelt the end of his bad bike luck streak. Of course, I've probably just jinxed it now that I've said that. Hmm. He's had a cracked rim, 2 flats in 1 day hence costing him a cab ride home, a bolt loose (again causing a cab ride to work), AND he got hit albeit lightly by a car's side mirror on his way home. ALL IN A WEEK. Yup.
We got up at the crack of dawn (actually, dawn hadn't even cracked yet...) and headed out to East Coast Park for the 2nd time in 2 days. The swim was pretty chaotic with people losing track of their swim path and ending up practically as a free for all. Caught sight of my grandma who had again taken a cab down to catch some action and stood with her for the rest of the race. Was, again, really proud of him. After having actually done a mini-race... I am just totally in awe of what he does on a regular basis. Man!
Anyhow, we had a good time.. the results came out today, and I for one am disappointed with my time, even though I came in a smidgen quicker than last year. Thought I did better..but I guess I can't complain since I didn't train.
We're going to take swimming lessons so hopefully we can both do better next time. I think I've been bitten by the race bug. There WILL be a next time. Only question now is which length I'll do next year. I want to do the sprint length just as a challenge, but the 750m swim is a HUGE concern. So we'll see how the swim lessons go and then decide from there. My other concern is trying to squeeze swim lessons into my already packed schedule (with work and classes) for the next few months. But I guess, as Kale always says, you'll always find some way to fit whatever you need to fit in.
So yeah, enjoy the pics. We're both pretty pooped. Attended a friend's bbq last nite and stayed there way later than we thought we were going to. Going to take tonite easy and just laze at home. Better go, dinner's waiting!

WAaay early...Walking to the transition area

Us before the start of the race

The start (he's the one right under the OSIM word with the grey suit)

Swim start

Kale coming up for air (blue cap in 3rd quadrant)

Kale perfectly blocked by the OSIM sign.. sigh

On da bike

On da bike still

Flashing a winning smile!!


5 Comments:
i love the last pic, with the "flashing a winning smile" bit. hehehe... ;)
ps. saw the results and glad to see that kale fulfilled his mission. he most definitely whooped you-know-who's ass! go kale!!! *waves pom-poms*
You both rawk ;)
can't wait to meet you guys IRL
1. The smile was great-most people look beat after a race-not Mr. Pookie ;) love it!!!!xoxoxox
2. What was the mission and what were the results?
ahem, the mission is of a classified nature. will leave kale to share it with you on a not-so-public forum!
van and andrea... we try for the week after next kay? must try, must try!! =P
Post a Comment
<< Home