Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Day 4: Tuesday - Stage 10 of TDF

Get up and have breakfast before driving down to Le Praz to catch Stage 10. Staked out a spot by the side of the hill where the kids could see above the heads of grown-ups. Waited, and waited, and waited... there was a loooootttt of waiting. Had a minor spat with my lovely husband in the middle of the TDF euphoria. Ah, married life, ain't it grand?


Us (and Jess on the swing) in the playground in the resort

Kale in Le Praz where we hung out to wait for the cyclists to come by. Fassa Bortolo bus (I think) coming up behind him

Atmosphere shot  Posted by Picasa

The promo caravan finally came around. Man, you think only Singaporeans are nuts about freebies? Think again!! Some of these European people are willing to risk their lives for a pack of gummi bears! Dang.


Credit Lyonnaise float signalling the start of the Tour De France promotional convoy

Haribo freebies...


Eons later, the bike riders finally come around...and here are some shots of them coming by. I would say who they are, but aside from Chris Horner and Lance Armstrong and that Urikunov (sp?) dude, I have no idea who everyone else is.


Little girl on very expensive bike. Starting 'em young

American Dangerboy!!!

Tour De France groupies

There goes Lance on the far right...

Erm.. T-mobile guy...

Chris Horner in yellow

Some other dudes... err...

Some other dude... yeeaahh... Posted by Picasa

I felt cheated cos I totally missed Lance come by. I was looking out for the yellow jersey, but of course, I neglected to realise that he WASN'T in the yellow jersey that day. Duh!

The atmosphere wasn't as crazy as the tv makes it out to be. Kind of a letdown actually. Cool, but not as cool as we had thought. Kale comes to the conclusion that he's a "sporting event on tv" type of person rather than a "sporting event in real life" type of person. I'd say I have to agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home