Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Day 5: Wednesday - Start of Stage 11 of TDF

Kale, Dave and I plan on riding down to Le Praz to see the start of the race. Only problem? I have no bike, and Lisa's bike is a tad big. By a tad, I mean that I can't touch the pedals. Yeah, boy do I feel lame.

So Kale and I take the conventional way down to Le Praz. We walk down. After hanging down there for what feels like 2 hours baking in the sun, we see absolutely NOTHING. We see 2 team buses, but no one coming out of them. Kale did see Bobby Julich ride by on his bike though.


Crazy ski jumpers at Le Praz

Staking out of the team buses, hoping to catch a glimpse of someone important


We figure we'd might as well walk back up to the hotel, and by the time we get there, we realise that the Buonerba clan has staked out the roundabout near the hotel, resplete with US flags and all.



The hamburg-ers in the roundabout


The peloton with the Discovery boys in front come charging up the road, and true enough, they split up on either side of the roundabout that we're standing on and form up on the other side. Neat. Very cool.


Peloton charging down the road

Here they come....

There goes Lance & the yellow jersey

Joining back up on the other side of the roundabout

Here come the team cars

T-mobile

Discovery .. Posted by Picasa

The girls went for a swim and then the guys headed off for another ride while Lisa took the kids for a hike while I camped out with my book and ipod.. nice. Had huge hamburgers for dinner and then crashed into bed while the rest of the adults caught the TDF on tv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home