Day 2: Sunday - Geneva
Woke up bright and early, checked out and had breakfast in the hotel breakfast room. Hardboiled eggs in egg cups, bacon, bread and yogurt. Yum. Wes kept us in the waitress's good books by continuously flirting with her... =) Way to go, Wes!!
Headed off to church. My first Catholic Mass in German. Wow. I *thought* I knew my order of mass. I was wrong. Goodness. Now I know what it must be like to be a kid sitting in church where nothing makes sense. Yup. Interesting.
The drive to Geneva was pretty uneventful.. Cinderalla 2 was playing in the back of the Alligator to keep the girlies occupied. We dropped the 2 brothers off midway for a ride and then Lisa drove while I unsuccessfully attempted to navigate our way to the Hotel Le Grenil in Geneva. The Swiss need to learn that the whole idea behind road signs is that they NEED TO BE SEEN. Not hidden in some nice small fancy font on the side of some building. But thanks to some decent mapreading *ahem ahem* and a WHOLE load of luck, we found our way there. I'm just glad I was navigating for Lisa and not Dave!! *chuckle*...

"Rockin' the hottest outfits" - enroute to Geneva

Secret training for Tour De France 2012
The guys show up soon after, all sweaty and all. The hotel rooms are pretty fancy, if a little rundown. We get the top floor complete with a connecting roof-top balcony with some sort of a view. We headed off to do the foot tour of Geneva. Conclusion? Zurich is far prettier, and feels safer. Give me Zurich over Geneva.
Other conclusion of the day? Asian food is far friendlier for gluten-free diets! There's practically nothing that's gluten-free and substantial in Switzerland (save fries).

View from the balcony outside our rooms. Not so scenic, eh?

Lake Geneve

A stiff breeze in Geneva


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home