Pulling my hair out...
Meredith has been in rare form all morning.. screaming her head off. The thing is, we both know she's tired and needs to nap. But she can't get herself to sleep without nursing... and the times that we do manage to rock her/pat her to sleep, she's up again within 45mins to an hour and wakes up still cranky. So the cycle repeats itself. It's taking all the self-restraint I have to not run in there to nurse her cos she's crying so plaintively. But like SuperNanny says - it's all about consistency and I know it's not feasible to nurse her/give her a bottle to sleep everytime cos it's not time to eat yet and besides someone else has to put her to sleep occasionally and may not have a bottle/boob on hand.
We suspect that feeding her everytime she freaks out is causing her to eat less each time thus perpetuating the cycle again. sigh. So back to hubby handling the screaming peanut while I sit out here trying not to freak out and nurse her. Ack.
The good news is that she actually slept in her crib last night. Phew. So I managed to get some decent rest even if I was up every 2.5 hours on the dot for night feeds. One thing at a time...
Btw, Van, I sms'ed you about your comment.. =) Thanks for the offer.


3 Comments:
I know what you mean. The other night I was up from 2a.m to 6a.m cos she ate continuously and kept fussing and refusing to sleep.
But in the day, I really force myself not to respond if her feeding time isn't up...it helps that I am still at my mum's place and have a few people to take turns carrying her!!
i saw your msg babes.
will check with my godma and let you know...
hang in there...*hugz*
sounds like E when she couldn't find her pacifier at 2+months :p
Post a Comment
<< Home