Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Baptism

Ok, I'm having one heckuva time trying to upload pictures from Meredith's baptism this past Sunday. I've been trying desperately to get piccies up so that our family can have a look but since I only have so many tries in a day (when meredith is napping) and Blogger is not cooperating, I'm afraid it's taking a while.

So anyhow, Meredith was baptised on 8th October at St Mary's of the Angels. Ben's the godfather and Lisa's the godmother. Geraldine stood in for Lisa since Lisa's obviously not in Singapore. We tried our best to make sure that the ceremony went well by feeding the peanut right before the ceremony and changing her diaper. She slept through most of the ceremony (as did most of the other infants) but was woken up when we stripped her for the baptism by immersion.

We then had to wrangle her into the oh-so-delicate baptism slip and gown and that aggravated Ms B's mood. She does not like to be messed with. We were trying sooo hard not to damage the garments since they've been passed through 6 generations on Kale's side and all of Kale's cousins and siblings were baptised in them. The bonnet is even older, from the 18th century (I think). We didn't want to be the ones to ruin them!

The peanut was inconsolable after the outfit change hence the rest of the pictures after the immersion have her screaming her head off! All in all, it went pretty well though. My whole extended family (pretty much) showed up for the baptism and we gathered at my parents' place for dinner after.


Here are the pics that I've successfully managed to upload...

Baptism by immersion
Us and Ben and Geraldine behind us
Annointment
Meredith in the baptismal gown and bonnet

Will try to get more pics up but blogger is really being a nightmare so I'm just going to post these first and then try again later. Shower time... =)

4 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger pei fen said...

how darling does she look in her outfit!

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sings with much gusto*
"Welcome to the family,
We're glad that you have come
to share your life with us.
As we grow in love and may we always be to you,
What God would have us be a family always there...
To be strong and to lean on.
"

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger maleana said...

thanks peifen! =)

hey van, i haven't heard that since my baptism! can't believe you know all the lyrics!

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh.
let me tell you a secret...i googled the lyrics. hahahaha....... ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home