Friday, September 29, 2006

Hey Big Spender...

This week has been one of big-ticket items. The tally? 1 souped-up electric breastpump, 1 baby carrier, 1 baby rocker, 1 microwavable sterilizer. Damage? Erm, in the 4 digits. *Ouch* Thankfully all the vouchers we got for the first month celebration helped defray some of the cost.

My mom says I've been penny wise, pound foolish these past few months. After trying out my new purchases, I have to agree.

Here's a list of my fave and best baby-related purchases... just because.
1) Brestfriend pillow - total lifesaver in those initial weeks when trying to breastfeed. Sadly, I don't use it that much now.. she's a little big for me to carry and position her in the football position by myself. (altho the pillow is the only way I know how to use the football hold).. works when hubby is home though.
2) Avent electric double pump - saves my wrists from inevitable destruction (they're already halfway there) and works like a dream..
3) Ergo carrier - with a baby that wants to be carried all.the.time, i can finally have both hands free. Couldn't figure out the sling. sigh. Only problem is I still haven't figured out how to put her in vertically by myself. Practice, practice... It works well enough when she's content and happy.. doesn't seem to work so well when she's squirming and screaming.. but then again, what does? It's only a carrier, not a miracle worker. bleah.
4) Avent manual pump - mobile, and easy to transport
5) Mothercare changing mat - stiff enough to be carried and plonked down with 1 hand anywhere.

Yup.. there you go.. my list of top 5 baby products...
No wonder there's a huge hole in my pocket. =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home