today in a nutshell
I was mucking about with the sling and finally managed to successfully get Meredith into it in the tummy-to-tummy hold where she seemed comfortable. She fell asleep in it so I guess it was ok for her. Next up is the cradle hold. I desperately want to have a carrier in which I can nurse Meredith on the go cos otherwise I spend all my time in nursing rooms when I'm out or nursing during meals. So if I can figure it out, I'll have hit pay dirt. The ergo just doesn't seem to work for nursing. Although it is a lifesaver at home. She's fallen asleep in it every single time I've put her in it. This is despite her being really cranky on some of the occasions when I'm stuffing her in the carrier. She's sleeping in it as I type..
My colleague popped by with her son who was born 3 weeks after Meredith... and my goodness, is he one good baby!!! She was here for almost 4 hours.. he slept for a good 2hours and then woke up with barely a peep, had his feed and then was content to lie and look around for the rest of the time! Made me realise how difficult Meredith is.. during the 4 hours, she nursed 3 times, slept in the packnplay for all of 30mins (which is considered pretty darn good) and then dozed off for a total of an hour or so in my arms (in between the feeds) and spent the rest of the time squirming while I carried her. Sheesh. There was definitely a stark difference - even their cries (the one time he actually cried) are so different - his are baby-like and higher-pitched.. Meredith's are just loud and ear-piercing..
Perhaps the difference is that he's her second child... and they always say that the first child is always the hardest - perhaps because the parents are more anxious and end up channelling that on to the child.. and also because the parents don't know what to expect. I hope that's the case or else we're not having any more children! hah.
All in all, it was a nice afternoon - nice to have some adult conversation, even if the conversation did revolve around babies, diaper, milk, pumping and sleep! We both agreed that once you stay at home with baby, you really run out of things to talk about other than baby-related stuff. It really helped the afternoon to pass by quicker, and we're going to make this a weekly thing.. she lives across the street so we can alternate between her place and ours. Yeay! Something to look forward to.
Oh yah, and there will be no Wade Robson for me.. the show's all sold out. That'd explain why I couldn't select seats online! hah. Oh well..


3 Comments:
oh no! what a pity! you might wanna try buying tickets online (black market). I have sold tics for the same night's perf before... usu a low price cos they are desperate!!!
adriene
my wife is now Miss I.P.
The term "Black Market" has been deleted from her memory. She won't know what you're speaking of.. ;)
me on the otherhand.....
kale
I know this is out of topic, but here's an interesting blog. Their boy "merlion-ed" for 6 months :p
http://donaldchan.blogspot.com/2004_04_01_donaldchan_archive.html
Post a Comment
<< Home