TGIF!!
Man, it's been a loooooong week. The jet lag hit hard on Wednesday, and we've been deprived of sleep ever since. It's been sheer torture trying to get up for work in the morning, and I don't know how Kale does it cos I've only had to get up slightly under 2 hours after him, and I'm still fighting to crawl out of bed.
Thank goodness it's Friday though. We can finally sleep in tomorrow. Phew. Time to run some other errands tomorrow, but other than that, it should be an easy day. Sunday brings the time trial race for Kale... so that'll be another packed day.
I received official confirmation this past week of my rotation, so I guess I can blog about it. Come 1st Sept (which just happens to be my birthday) I move over to the Intellectual Property group. It's not where I would have expected I'd end up, given everything, but I guess everything comes full circle. When I first joined the company, my previous boss headed both groups, and I was given a choice between IP and my current group. I chose my current group cos it was more established and I thought I could learn more as a freshie... but 3 and a half years later, I guess fate has its way and I'm heading over there.
I'm excited and a little nervous. I've been in my current group for long enough that I'm comfortable and I know my way around. Joining a new group means picking up new stuff and learning to work with new people and a new boss. Kinda unnerving. On top of that, I'm also starting a grad course in IP related law to support my new job. So I'm a little concerned I've bitten off more than I can chew. Especially since I will need to pass my course since I'm being sponsored for it. *bites nails*
I haven't studied for so long that I'm not so sure if I know how to go back to school! It's ironical that I'll be starting school around the same time my sis does! Only difference is I'll be trying to figure out how to juggle school and work. Egads. School starts in 2 weeks so we'll see how it goes. Kale and I are trying to take swimming lessons in preparation for more triathlons next year but with the class, I'm not so sure we can figure out how to squeeze it all in. Kale's thinking of taking Chinese classes so that he can embark on some self-enrichment too while I'm occupied in school. That way I won't be able to talk behind his back anymore! heh.
Ok lah, time to wrap this up and consider hitting the sack. Tis getting late.. shall try to catch up on sleep... G'nite world.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home