Friday, September 08, 2006

First month diary

Ok, so I'm a week late.. but I figure better late than never, eh?

So lil Ms B.. where do we begin? This first month has probably been the most trying month in my whole entire life. I kid you not. Not even my first week alone in the US was this bad! I'm Ms Type A personality, and I NEED to have a routine, and I NEED to know what to expect. I love to plan.. and what you've taught me in this past month is that I need to learn to be ok with not having a routine.. and that all my best efforts to plan my day will inevitably turned upside down by you. You've also taught me to occasionally ignore the screams and wails and enjoy how precious you are!

You definitely have a personality - one that indicates you need attention all the time. Heh.. my little drama queen. Your favorite move is to purse your precious little rosebud lips.. and that move, my dear, should be patented cos you can melt even the most stoic of hearts (ie my dad's) with it!

You've also grown in leaps and bounds. You weighed in at 3.58kg at birth, came back from the hospital at 3.33kg and at 4weeks, you were a hefty 4.55kg. You eat like a champ - and if youyr appetite is anything to go by, you're definitely your mother's daughter!! My boobs, however, are probably not so excited about your snacking habits.. but oh well, they'll toughen up eventuaslly (or so one hopes!)

Your mommy had a scare last wk, when your doc said that I should stop breastfeeding you for 3 days so we could confirm that your jaundice really was breastmilk jaundice. I walked across the street to buy formula tearing the whole way wondering if you'd still want to nurse after those 3 days of bottles. And suddenly, all the negative feelings I had about nursing you disappeared. All I could think about was not having you curled up around me with your mittened fists squirming around my chest as you nurse. I forgot about my sore nipples, the endless nursing, the never being able to be more than 10 feet away from you, my never having had one meal in peace!!! Amazing how you don't miss something till it's gone. Thankfully we got a 2nd opinion that pooh-poohed the first and said you're doing just fine. So we're back to nursing you, sore nipples and cold half-eaten meals and all.

It's amazing how much change one little squirt can make in so many people's lives. You have everyone wrapped around your cute little pinky and that's just the way you like it. You're one smart cookie!

I cannot believe your first month in our world has flown by so quickly... here's to the next month of new milestones and discoveries...

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And how I miss all of you already...

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arww this is a very sweet post :) I enjoyed reading it..very heartfelt :)
Sms to me your email add that can handle picture files. Supposed to send them over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home