Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Yee haw!

Got woken up by the hubby at 6 something saying that I had an sms at 4:45am from one of the guys we were supposed to ride with to say that it was raining in his area and his brakes weren't working well so we should go ahead. A couple of phone calls later, the rest of us decided to meet up a half hour later at 7:30am instead.

We gathered, and some other dude showed up to join our ride. Turned out he knew Li Ying who was riding with us.. small world, but that is to be expected..

We went at a nice leisurely pace on the "New Town and Industrial Area" tour of Singapore. I actually had fun today cos the ride was slow enough that I could chat with Li Ying while we were riding. We managed to cover 50km by the time I got home. BUT starting that half hour later also meant that it was ridiculously hot by the time we were half way around. I have the beginnings of tanlines, and I am not happy about it.

Rest of the day is going to be pretty leisurely - pick up my grandma and chauffeur her to my parents' place. Then attempt to do some studying before dinner with my parents' friends. Kale's going go-karting with some ex-colleagues.. i really wanna go but I guess I should hunker down and study. The only concession I'll make is that I may head over to the rents and go study by the pool in an attempt to get rid of my tanlines.. we'll see.

UPdate later.

5 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger lin~* said...

hello =) huilin here! found my way here from sel's blog =)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger maleana said...

hello..

hope you had an ok time at dinner and weren't too bored! =)

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

50km!?
woah...you're definitely starting to kick some serious arse, babes!
you go, girl!
*waves pom-poms*

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger maleana said...

haha.. thanks! =)
it's actually not so bad if you have friends to ride with cos you can yak till you forget how far you've gone. or at least i can. haha.

just riding 50km by yourself would suck though (or so i guess, since i've never done it.. hah)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger lin~* said...

heh it was alright larh... the food was good =) thanks for everything ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home