bleah.
It's Friday, but oddly enough, I don't feel as psyched about it as I usually do. Part of that has probably to do with the awful day I had at work. It was all "busy" work. Nothing concrete, nothing that you can check off a list, just all the nitty-gritty stuff that has to be done. And it was frustrating.
The most frustrating part? Trying to get info on Japanese companies when the whole website is in Japanese ONLY. Not fun. I could use some help from Celin in this department. Found out that Google has this beta software out that translates websites into English, but since it's a literal translation, it's pretty confusing and most sentences just come out gibberish. I also talked to my counterpart in Japan and felt a total dumass cos I just didn't have it all together. I was tripping over my words, and just basically not making any sense. Not a good way to start a working relationship. Sigh.
Got caught in the office doing last minute things and then bolted home. My mom and grandma are coming to get us for dinner cos my dad's got some dinner thingamajig. I adore my grandma.. she makes me laugh... she's a feisty almost-80 year old woman with a huge appetite, and she's just funny lah. Kale gets along just fine with her even though he speaks little-to-no chinese, and she speaks little-to-no english. And she likes him, so it's all good. They're on their way over so I guess I should end this post soon and get ready to go...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home