wheels go round and round...
So we went out for a ride again this morning. I realise I don't mind being up early in the morning. I just hate the getting out of bed part. That part really blows. I also realise that my stomach doesn't wake up till about 8:30 at the earliest. I can't stomach food in the morning. *groan*
There was only 1 other person on the ride this morning, so we got to ride at my pace. Which was good, cos it was nice and comfortable, but it wasn't good cos I had no way of benchmarking myself to the typical saturday ride. Hmm. Even going at a slower pace, the 2 last "hills" at orchard totally kicked my arse. I realise I can keep up just fine on flats, but I start going backwards once there's any form of gradient. And to think I actually like the steep(er) hills on a MTB cos of the challenge. I think the difference is I don't have the endurance to make it up tedious, long, slow uphills.. short bursts are far more my thing.
There was a corporate triathlon going on in East Coast Park so we met a bunch of people that we knew as we were cycling past there.. saw a lady that did the ride last weekend, and Andrea (my LJ friend) and her boyfriend, Hans, who was doing the race. (Sorry dear about missing ur call, I left the phone at home cos I hv no pockets on my jersey!).
Anyhow, Kale precariously took a bunch of pictures *while* riding. My expression in these pics is pretty much consistent - "what on earth are you doing, hon???" and "be careful.... aiyaaaahhhh". I also don't think my "stance" on a bike is anywhere near efficient (or graceful for that matter) so no laughing allowed.



Busy day ahead.. plenty of errands to run. *Groan*. And I guess I need to start studying at some point. *double groan*


3 Comments:
lOOKIN' GOOD!!! ;)
K'S MOM
Good on you guys for getting out, although it looks like you might be riding on darong side daroad. Dave ;]
Well, the crazy husband thinks that riding against traffic adds to the challenge and enhances the "experience". =P
Them crazy Buonerbas, I tell you...
Post a Comment
<< Home