Saturday, October 29, 2005

through his eyes

Today I caught a glimpse of Singapore thru the hubby's eyes. We went out for a ride this morning but cos I had class, we couldn't join the group ride. Instead, we took a shorter loop around West Coast road.

So this is what he has to go through when he cycles around in Singapore - nasty exhaust fumes, crazy traffic, huge trucks trundling by and totally oblivious drivers... no wonder he yearns for the open space and clean air and most importantly - BIKE LANES of foreign shores.

I was just really really glad to get home. The usual ride out to East Coast is in traffic, but usually it's not that bad, and there aren't the huge trucks. Pasir Panjang is just so busy with the container trucks cos of the ports...and with buses plying the road, it doesn't leave a lot of room for us.

Anyhow, I'm glad I went cos I feel accomplished that I actually got out on my bike. Was so tempted to bail. But it also means that I'm totally zonked now. Sat through class, and then a group of us had a study group going after class. Totally zonked. Still have church and a wedding dinner before I can go to bed.. groan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home