TGIF..
I'm glad this week is over. And I'm glad the weekend is here. This week was tough at work.. more emotionally trying than anything else really. Think with new territory comes insecurity...
Anyhow, we're driving up to Putrajaya tomorrow.. hubby's got a race there this Sunday. To add to the fun quotient of being away for the weekend, Kale's friend from high school Tyson and his gf Olivia are meeting us at the hotel! Score!! So that's pretty cool.. haven't seen him since the wedding, and her since I left Cali! Will be great to meet up!!
They're coming to stay sometime next week, me thinks.. not quite sure, but we'll definitely fix that all up this weekend.
On an unrelated note.. I was at my parents' place earlier and started playing the piano at my mom's request. Oddly enough, it felt quite familiar, despite me not having played since the mid-late 90s. Wow. Have to say that my little left pinky hasn't had a workout in quite a bit and was beginning to ache from trying to reach all the notes for the various chords. haha. Had a good time knocking out some old familiar tunes. Funny how your body has institutional memory..and intuitively knows which key to hit next. I realised that I had practised these songs so much way back when that it was harder for me to actually read the score now and think about the notes than for me to just let it go. Of course, I needed the score to prompt me.. otherwise I'd just be stumped if I stopped.
Ok lah. Time for a shower, and then pack for the weekend.. Woo hoo!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home