Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend's gone.. sob sob

The title says it all.. the weekend's over. So quickly too!! Good news is that Kale and I only have 2 days to this work week before we head down under.. phew!

Had a pretty laid back weekend.. spent friday nite out with the girls (Fran, Janice and Glory) and Kale for dinner.. and we then had an early nite after watching Survivor.

Saturday Kale rode out to M'sia with his usual posse while I tagged along with my parents to a driving range near the old turf club where they tried out golf clubs. Had lunch at the 'rents with Kale and then headed for a swim at Keppel with Dawn. We did more than we were supposed to - 11 laps. 1 more than we had planned. yay us! (Ok, small feat, but hey, we need all the encouragement we can get) Rounded the swim off with chicken wings and fries again though.. *bashful grin*

I realised I'm an inefficient swimmer.. for every 1 stroke Dawn takes, I have to take 1 and a half. Does not bode well.. Dawn says she can't believe I analyse these things.. but, as I told her, it's really boring when you're swimming laps so you need to find someway to occupy your mind from the numbing monotony of swimming up and down and up and down... Swim tips, anyone? Are you supposed to coordinate your arms WITH your legs for the breast stroke, or are they supposed to alternate??

Anyhow, met up with Van and Lionel for dinner and a movie marathon.. had really good, cheap thai food and then headed over to Van's for the corniest movies ever - "Dodgeball" and "Harold and Kumar go to whitecastle". Totally brainless movies.. but helluva funny!!

Got my hair dyed today (white hairs are beginning to colonize my head) while Dawn got her hair permed for the first time. Cost me an arm and a leg, and I'm contemplating breaking the relationship with my hairdresser of over 2 years, which is by far the LONGEST hairdressing relationship I've EVER had. I just don't feel like forking over close to a week's expenditure for a cut and dye job..

Just got back from dinner with the 'rents and Mamah.. had steamboat at Singa Inn. Had no idea that place still existed!! Food was so-so.. kinda ghetto.. but I guess the ambience was "unique"..

Time to take a shower and prepare for the week ahead. Boss is back tomorrow, which can only mean 1 thing - a crazy meeting-filled day.. giddy-up..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home