Sunday, February 13, 2005

sweet sunday

We did absolutely NOTHING today. Yup, read that again.. NOTHING! That's a first for yours truly.. not leaving the house the whole day on a weekend (except for church). Think we're all just "bai-nian"ed out. Had enough visiting and chatting for a while.

We were invited over to Jim and Jessy's place last nite for CNY dinner and drinks. Usually that's pretty fun with the guys having a few drinks and talking bikes, and the girls chatting about clothes and complaining about the boys and their bikes. But I think everyone was just a little worn out by all the new year festivities.. the guys didn't drink much, the girls didn't talk much and it ended up just being kinda quiet. The guys all wanted to leave early to make it to their sunday morning ride, so that kinda was a party-pooper. I don't even have pictures, which is a testament to how blah I think we were all feeling. Hanging out with the bike people usually results in some interesting pictures.

Anyway, back to today, with the exception of picking my mom and sis up for church and to pass the car back to them and for us going to church, I basically just stayed at home, either on the couch or in bed the whole day. Kale came back from his bike ride and basically vegged with me at home. Think we needed today to just recuperate from all the moving madness and then the CNY madness. Watched Fear Factor reruns and Manhunt. How brainless is that?

Anyhow, trying to psyche myself up for a full week at work starting oh, in about 9 hours. Man, a full week of work! That just sounds insurmountable at this point.. especially since I know I have a full plate come monday. Well, the good news is (for me at least, not sure about the hubby who's probably cringing in discomfort right now) it's Valentine's Day tomorrow.. woo hoo.. mass commercialism, baby!!

Soooo.. time to hit the sack. Time to recharge for Monday.
Anyone having a case of the Mondays?? (reference Office Space the movie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home