The journey continues...
So, the CNY journey continues.. the endless visiting and snacking. Only today, we were the hosts. My extended family came to visit.. at one point, we had about 20 ppl in the house. Cramped, I say! Even my relatives from M'sia made it down, with some nieces and nephews I never knew I had.
Anyhow, the 'rents brought over food and sustenance (since we were too lazy to cook) and my aunt was kind enough to buy some roast duck and meat to add to the spread. All was good, family was chowing down, and the kids had some mickey-dees that my dad had graciously walked over to the mall to buy. Bad move.. the party came to a screeching halt when the younger of the 2 kids (a 2 yr old) decided that running around and downing half a packet of greasy fries don't go well together and threw up over our new carpet. EUWWW.
Now, anyone who knows me at all knows that my biggest phobia in life has anything and everything to do with puke. I cannot stand the sight, smell, sound, anything of puke. So the little girl puking pretty much killed the morning for me. Her poor parents and grandparents (my aunt and uncle) felt really bad about it, but I guess that's how kids are.. they throw up. EUWW.
Today was the first day that we've ever had kids over to our house. Even though we've stayed in the previous rental for 2 years, we've only had visitors of the adult kind come over. So, after today's not-so-great experiment with kids.. yours truly has swung from desperately wanting to have kids within the next 3 years to being not so hot on having kids at all. I kinda forgot how much kids throw up. YUK. Currently, I'm of the mind that I may put off having kids till they find some kind of anti-nausea medicine for the morning sickness part of pregnancy, and some puke-proof bib for kids.. then maybe I'll consider reproducing.
While we're on the topic of reproducing.. a friend of mine had asked if we were getting the "are you having kids anytime soon" question after our Charleston wedding. I replied that we actually hadn't been getting that alot. In hindsight, I've figured out why... since we weren't "legally" married in the Chinese culture, it wasn't kosher for them to ask... now on the other hand, it totally is.. we're getting the "zao sheng gui zi" saying a whole bunch at CNY, and my grandma keeps on blatantly hinting that we should be carrying our own baby around for next CNY. Hmm.. think their plans hit a little snag this morning.
The lovely husband is trying to convince me that kids will be ok.. and that not all kids puke like that.. and I'm being ridiculous. Perhaps so, but I'm not convinced. That's the thing about irrational fears.. they're precisely that - irrational. So yeah, perhaps in a week or two when this memory fades, I'll go back to thinking about how cute kids are.. but for now.. erm, I'm keeping this house kid and subsquently puke-free.


1 Comments:
heh, i knew that before i married him.. =p
so when we heading out to que pasa? next week after eddy leaves?
Post a Comment
<< Home