Wednesday, February 23, 2005

End of CNY

Today was the official end of Chinese New Year for the year of the rooster.. it's chap goh meh.. translated directly to "15th nite" ie day 15 of the Chinese year. We rounded off the festive season with what we chinese do best - EAT. We had a huge dinner at Jumbo complete with chilli crab, you tiao, fried squid... mmm.

Feel like a ball of lard now, but that's to be expected. What also is to be expected is that I'm not going to exercise despite how fat I feel. I've managed to skip every single lunch-time exercise class at work and not even feel a single pang of guilt. I'm way past the guilt thing on the exercise issue. Nothing can touch me.. which is kinda worrisome!

I had a doofus day at work today. It's one of those days where it starts out ok, and you begin to have a glimmer of hope that the week will turn for the better.. and by the time the day ends you realise that no, not only has it not turned for the better, it's turned for the worse.

I ended up screwing up my day by rushing a brochure layout for my boss's approval before he left for the day.. and I didn't even read through the text before I did cos I didn't get a chance. Ok, so perhaps that's an excuse.. I probably could have found the time, I just left that to the end and didn't get to it.

Anyhow, I brought it to him, he pointed out all these obvious errors, and all I could do was bow my head and say I'll change them. Then after all that trauma, I find out that I didn't have to clear it today, cos we'll still have tomorrow to work on it. Doh! So yeah, I'm all paranoid that my boss is going think I'm careless (which I can't blame him for based on today's performance). Problem is he's a new boss.. my other bosses know me well enough to know that I'm not like that. He, on the other hand, will probably just take this as a first impression. Drat!

Guess I should get ready to hit the sack and get ready for another day at the office. I just want this week to end. Bleah. I actually can't do any work tomorrow.. we're getting our laptops upgraded so I'll be computer-less all day tomorrow. Looks like I'll be blogging a whole bunch from the common computers then.

Till then..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home