*warning* mush ahead..
I have to say that this pregnancy has reinforced one thing - that I'm really lucky. I'm really lucky to be married to my husband, I'm really lucky to have family who's supportive and concerned and make sure I'm never in need of anything (even if sometimes I make fun of how overprotective they are of me.. I know they mean well), I'm really lucky to have colleagues who understand and support me. I've also been really lucky to have had a relatively problem-free pregnancy. Honestly, not counting the morning sickness the first trimester, and up till the last couple of weeks, I've been able to do most of what I'd usually do (within reason).
I can't really even put this into words, but this pregnancy has definitely brought Kale and I closer together. I've never really appreciated him as much as I have these past few months. He's been nothing but supportive the whole time, and when I do take the time to stop and think about it, I realise how lucky I am that God brought him into my life and that we ended up as life partners. I can't imagine going through the experience of pregnancy with anyone else. Sure, we have our ups and downs, there are times I want to throttle the man, but in the grand scheme of things, he's been a pillar of strength and calm the whole way. It sounds so cliched but I've always been able to see him as the father of my children, and I think that's part of why I was so sure he was "the one" for me.
I had a whole chunk of eloquent prose in my head when I started out on this post. I've since lost it.. so I'll put it simply - I am really lucky. And I should learn to count my blessings.
3 more days till the hubby's home!! woo hoo!


8 Comments:
Glad it's been such a lovely experience for you both :)
And again, I can't wait to see her!!!!
i'll definitely say it's been an experience!! =) sometimes lovely, sometimes not, but overall it's been good for us.
and not to worry, will definitely let u know when i pop!! maybe u can come and visit.. hee
you said "life partner".....
'ahhh you gaaaaaaay?!"
;)
(for those who don't find this funny, my apologies)
OoH! I definitely want to come over to visit!
And Kale, tsk tsk, naughty naughty! Making fun of your poor wife like that :P
yes joan, thumbs up......thumbs up!
;)
actually, i think this joan is a different joan from whom you think it is (ie not joan from work). (i can't be sure.. but me thinks..)
but yes, yes, revel in it while you can.. until the next time i get peeved with you. hah.
well, even if it is a different joan, she gets an A for attitude!
;)
oh, you never answered my question above.....
aiyoh, if you have to ask, then perhaps you're not the father of this child i'm carrying. duh.
Post a Comment
<< Home