Wednesday, July 05, 2006

what a wednesday...

Yesterday, we had our mid-year review which didn't end till pretty late. By that time, I couldn't breathe and my voice was all but gone. So I dragged my sorry arse over to the neighbourhood doc cos the office doc had closed by then. I needed relief, fast! (isn't that some drug tagline?)

By the time I got done with the doc (which ended up a loooong wait cos the doc had gone off for dinner) and picked up dinner, it was pretty late. The doc was a relief doc and prescribed me some antibiotics cos my infection had gotten worse and I needed the antibiotics to kick the bug.

The hubby had finished packing by the time I came back, we caught stage 3 of the TDF and then hit the sack. I woke up at 3am to a scratching noise. At first I thought it was the cats playing with a strap on the floor outside the room so I didn't think much of it and tried to go back to sleep. But the noise kept on recurring so I went to check it out. Turns out Kale had inadvertently closed the door of the bike room on Kito, one of the cats and she was scratching the door in a fury to be let out. It's a good thing I'm a light sleeper.

I had barely lay back down when I began to feel really really weak like I needed food NOW. Figured it was the antibiotics acting up. Got a slice of bread from the kitchen and tried to lay back down again. Barely 20mins later, the alarm rang and the hubby got up to get ready for his flight. I got up, had some yogurt to try and get my tummy to settle down. Said buh-bye to the hubby (i have serious separation anxiety issues) and he took a cab to the airport.

Finally fell back asleep... woke up, visited my old family doc to change my meds since I was pretty sure the antibiotics were the cause of my early morning stomach issues. Turns out some of the other meds I was given weren't kosher for pregnant women. Sigh. So anyhow, I have new meds, and am on MC for the rest of the week. I'm relieved cos I really really am physically fatigued. Need the rest.

So yes, I'm diligently taking my meds and hoping the rest pays off. I need to get better... grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home