My belly and I
Everyone (and their mother) has kindly given me advice to make the most of my 2nd trimester to get stuff done - because the first trimester you feel like crap and it's too early to do anything and cos you're too heavy by the 3rd trimester. I, being the stubborn one, bah-humbugged all that. I didn't even start showing till halfway thru my 2nd tri, I figured I couldn't be THAT heavy in my 3rd tri, now could I? Besides, I didn't want to be one of those pregnant women who couldn't lift a finger in the month leading up to their due date.
But, helloooooooo???? Yeah, see, all those people... what they have, that I don't? EXPERIENCE! Grr..
So I'm sitting here biting my words. There's so much left to do, and so little that I actually feel comfortable doing. The hubby was grunting and groaning as he was getting blistered putting shelves up yesterday. And I? Well, aside from holding the shelves up so that he could put them up... er, I folded laundry, did dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Yeah. I feel inadequate. And then there's teh crib to assemble today.. I forsee me standing by "supervising"... poop.
So yes, I guess that's one of the lessons of life I need to learn. Don't underestimate the power of a miracle of life like pregnancy. It can totally whip your butt and throw you a total curveball. Yeah. I am NOT omnipotent... and no different from all the women that came before me.. no matter what I'd like to think.
Sigh, I'm no longer "Miss competitive"... say hi to the pregnant mama.. who realises she needs to listen to advice once in a while =p


6 Comments:
hang in there momma! hope you are feeling ok...in the home "stretch" now.
love, celin
Oh, I chose the easy way out... I get the shops to do the installations for me. U need anything just let me know. Glad to help. BTW, u want a playgym? I have 2.
thanks "aunt winnie"!! =)
yup.. i'm glad it's the home stretch! thank goodness! how are the hor-heys?
san-san, thanks for the offer! sure got lots of things to ask you soon...
what's a playgym? heh, clueless lah.. sorry...
Something like this
http://www.tinylove.com/toy.aspx?toyId=46
not Tiny Love though... expensive brand...
Sure! If you have one to spare.. was going to put off buying one until later.. even tho the sis-in-law says that it's a good investment for the baby... thanks much!!
Post a Comment
<< Home