Tuesday, March 07, 2006

5 years

5 years ago on this day, we sat on a rock on the Pacific Coast near Pescadero Beach recovering from pulling respective all-nighters in the Loft. His all-nighter to complete his math homework, and mine to cram for my upcoming micro-econ midterm. At about 4am, while taking a break from work, we got to talking we both realised we had a love of the sea. He offered to drive out to the coast (I didn't even realise the coast was that close to the campus) and I gamely accepted (eh, free ride to the beach leh.. can don't take meh??)

Who would've guessed that 5 years later we'd be living in Singapore, happily married and on our way to becoming parents? Definitely not me. Love found me when I was definitely not expecting it, nor looking for it and I'm eternally grateful it did. It's times like this that I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. All the long-distance calls, the crying, the wondering, the fights.. they were all worth it.

He really is my better half, and I'm grateful he's in my life. I was looking for an eloquent way to end this post, but erm, I really can't put what I feel down in words (amazing, eh?) so this'll just have to do. I'm just grateful for everything.

3 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Blogger Belly Rules the Mind said...

hi Denise! what a sweet post.=)its so cool that Kale cycles and does triathlon and stuff! i love watching triathletes on television. some find it boring.heh.. i like to watch and drool at their good bods and cool Cannondales but i definitely do not want to be part of it.(i detest running) you are so lucky! and Jeannette wang is like my idol!! ahha.so i was quite surprise to see her pic on your blog. alright.you take care and eat more for the baby! your sister is sleeping (AGAIN!) but dont worry.she still score her As=)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger maleana said...

wah... i need to let jeannette know she has an idol! haha. j/k.
yes, he's quite the sporty one.. i unfortunately take more after my sis and prefer the dancing and the sleeping to the running and the cycling! heh.

thanks for the msg.. good to hear your spring break went well... =) hopefully we'll actually get to meet in person soon!

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...so schweet.
but yes, things do happen for a reason. just that more often than not, we only realise it when it's months/years down the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home