Sunday, October 09, 2005

2 late nites in a row...

The past couple of days have gone by in a blur. That's what happens when you have friends staying over with you. Every day feels like college again - staying up yakking, watching tv, eating. Only problem is, there's this little thing called "work" that gets in the way of totally vegging out. Sigh.

Anyhow, we had a fun-filled friday evening to herald in the weekend. I have never been so happy to see a weekend. Even tho I only worked 3 days this week. Man. I'm such a slacker.

This transition at work has been harder than I expected. It's really taking quite a bit out of me. It's difficult to accept that you don't know stuff anymore. I used to be the one with the answers (or at least some answers). Now I'm just the one with a gazillion questions.

Anyhow, last nite was filled with food, alcohol and dancing. Good clean fun. Joined my colleagues at a local club for some grooving. We even managed to get Kale and Olivia to get on the floor for a bit. That was an achievement, I tell you... I will now have fond memories of Tyson singing "I like to move it, move it ... physically fit, physically fit" and grooving along to that. Hah.

Today was a slow, cultured day. We crawled out of bed around 11ish.. had tim sum at the dad-in-law's fave restaurant near the port, and then spent an afternoon wandering around the Chinese Heritage Center. Good job, Dawn.. they were very impressed. =)

Had dinner at Lau Pa Sat.. So much food, so little time.. sigh.

Ok, it's late. The guys are watching "3 Amigos".. I'm going to bed. Had a rough day emotionally. Think the hormones are kicking in again. *Groan*. It's that time of the month when all logic goes out the window and all bets are off... crap. The poor husband... =(

Goodnite y'all. Pictures tomorrow if I can get around to it..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home