Weekend update..
So, a quick update.. spent most of Saturday at a colleague's wedding.. the church ceremony was in the afternoon and then we hung around till the dinner which was at the groom's father's seafood restaurant. The wedding ceremony was sweet, but a little odd for me as a Catholic. I guess I'm so used to the order of mass that a free-form church service leaves me feeling a little uncomfortable. Kale went to a bike friend's place for dinner while I headed to the wedding reception.The dinner started waaay late - at 8:15pm, but ended relatively early at around 9:30. It was ten by the time Kale picked me up, we met Dawn for a quick drink at Macs before heading home. Hadn't seen her since 2 weekends before, and that for us was a record!!
Sunday was spent at my cousin's house. Was her baby's first month celebration. Man, that baby is tiny!! So fragile that you're almost afraid to carry her. My grandma was in absolute heaven.. cradling the baby and trying to wake the baby up to play. (Baby wasn't too happy about that...) The baby's name is Elodie, which I believe has French origins. Faced the onslaught of "when will it be your turn" questions... and managed to successfully dodge most of them.
Dropped mom and sis off at home and they went out house-shopping with my dad. The place they're currently staying in successfully had an en-bloc sale, so they're looking for a new abode. Kale and I went home and crashed. Woke up barely in time for church. Headed over to the 'rents for dinner and then headed home to catch the end of the Apprentice.
We're thinking of re-decorating the master bedroom. The color of the walls are really beginning to irk us both. The walls are also really bare, so I think we can afford to do some jazzing up. Yeay.. something to look forward to!
Back at work today. It's pouring cats and dogs out... good luck to the hubby who has to ride home tonite...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home