I'm a survivor...
Heh, I survived this morning. Think the worst part of it really was the getting up at 6:30am part. Other than that, surprisingly, it was quite enjoyable. Think the weather helped. It was really windy and cloudy and looked like it was about to pour.. the lack of sun definitely made it easier to take.
I picked my colleague up and we headed out there. Kale was nice enough to meet me there and then we met another girl and headed off, the 4 of us. Made it to the actual riding loop (Changi Coastal) without much incident.. (well, at least for me..can't quite say the same for everyone else...) and then once we got going, I got dropped. YUP. I'd like to think it was cos they were on road bikes and I was on a mountain bike, but I think that's probably just an excuse.. think they're pretty darn fit! Was probably a good idea that we weren't riding all together anyhow.. all 3 of us aren't that stable and that's a recipe for disaster!!!
So I rode the rest of the 20km loop by myself.. until Kale spotted lonely little me as he was going the other way and then swung around to ride with me. Met up with the other 2 girls and cycled back to the car while Kale did another loop.
Borrowed my colleague's bike for a spin around the carpark, just to see if I'd be ok on a road bike. The feel is completely different. Far less stable... but far more addictive.. it's really quite a neat feeling.. heh.. the thrillseeker inside of me was sparked for just a nanosecond.
Anyhow, like I told my colleague, I'll do anything once just for the thrill. The problem is getting me to do something like this again. Since I had an ok time riding by myself..and not with the girls anyhow.. I suggested that perhaps Kale and I can do this on our own on Saturday morning... he can ride as fast as he wants, and I can ride as fast as I can, and we'll just keep passing each other as we do the loops.. works out pretty well. This way he can do his usual Sunday ride, and I can sleep in and then pick my mom up for church. Works better with the transport too.
So yeah, we'll see how long I can keep this up for.. or rather how long I want to keep this up for. It does feel good to do something like this.. cos I feel accomplished.. and I think Kale doesn't mind cos at least he's out on his bike while spending time with me (sorta).
So yes, my husband and I have made plans for a date on Saturday-- a date that involves, us, 2 helmets, 1 car and 2 bikes.. fun. I think this whole brainwashing thing is working... dang.


4 Comments:
sounds like a good plan/date with the hubby. ;)
-van-
like i said, let's see how long this lasts!!! =P
how you feeling dear? any better??
You'll become addicted to it!!!!!!
That's great ;) your other mom
Heh, that's what I'm afraid of!!! You can't afford to have 2 bike junkies in this house!!! We already have 5 bikes in the house... eeps.
Post a Comment
<< Home