Tomorrow will be something to see...
Ok, I'm kinda in a fix.. I find myself in the not totally unfamiliar position of having got myself into a situation cos of my big mouth.
We were at a bbq last nite to say farewell to Tina, who's going to join the rednecks in Dallas for 3 years. At the bbq, one of my colleagues gets to talking to Kale about cycling (we bumped into her at a previous triathlon..) and we get to the part where she mentions her weekly ride at Changi and how she can't keep up with the bunch.
This is the part where I stick my foot in my mouth and go "really? well, you might be more my pace... perhaps we should go ride together cos the hubby is really far too fast for me..."
The minute the words came out of my mouth, I knew it was ALL OVER... there was no way my husband was going to let me get away with a comment like that without making me commit to what I said.
Soooo.... ladies and gents, yours truly is getting up at the unearthly hour of 6:30am in the morning to go cycling with a bunch of people I don't even know (save 1 person)... and I can't even (totally) blame the hubby for it! And I can't back out cos I'm supposed to give my colleague a ride there. Doh!
As usual, I should remember to think before I speak... duhhhh....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home