Food.. not so glorious food...
So the rest of sunday was pretty uneventful. As a matter of fact, so was monday. Came home after work and my doc's appt and tried to cook dinner. Latest food of choice has been sausages and veggies. Tried pasta salad and failed miserably. Think it was a case of wrong kinda pasta, wrong kinda mayo.. yuk. Kale gamely ate a couple of spoonfuls of it despite the fact that he doesn't like mayo. Have to give the man kudos for trying at least. I have half the batch sitting in the fridge and I guess I'll polish the rest off tonite as supper. *oink oink*
Think I need to start cooking real food again.. I used to be a pretty decent cook when I was in Pittsburgh (or so I think). Had no access to decent chinese food so had to cook if I wanted anything chinesey. I remember the days when I used to cook for all the S'porean students.. being the only girl in my batch made it even that much more critical that I could cook. I used to make chicken curry, sweet and sour pork, tofu, omelettes, fried veggies, tom yum soup, pineapple rice.. etc. And I had to get creative due to the lack of authentic cooking ingredients. I guess the good reviews were possibly due to the lower expectations of my audience. When you have nothing, it's not hard to appreciate anything.. no matter how substandard it is!!!
I moved to Cali.. and was totally spoilt by having a decent chinese, vietnamese, mexican restaurant on every corner... so didn't cook for most of the year that I was there!! Came back and didn't cook at all while I was staying with my parents..and by the time we moved out, work got in the way of cooking real food.
Anyhow.. yeah, should stop rambling. Point of story is I need to start cooking again. Anyone have any good, simple recipes for 2 pax that doesn't require too much prep work? Mrs Mom, I would try eggplant parmesan, but that's just too much work for a weekday.. and I can't seem to get it right, anyhow..=( Any other ideas??


1 Comments:
I would agree that's too much work and mess for a week nite! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home