Busy weekend.
So we had a pretty crazy weekend (especially if you lump Friday as part of that weekend!).
We went to our first salsa class in a loooong time on Friday. Have to say I'm very touched that the hubby agreed to sign up for another round of salsa.. and that I'm very impressed that he could remember some of the steps from the previous classes we took (given that it must have been at least a year ago!) Class went pretty uneventfully, except that we got the same male teacher that we had for the last class, and he sucks! He's so confused he sometimes confuses himself. At least the female instructor this time around seems nicer than the one we got the last time!
My mom left for China on Friday nite so now she's living it up in Beijing...think they're heading up the Great Wall sometime today or tomorrow. hmm.
Saturday came early.. was a morning at the docs. Kale visited the friendly nurses (and doc) for a routine check-up. The nurses are so ingratiatingly nice and patient that it's irritating..and then you feel mean and hardened for even feeling irritated because they're just soooo nice. Ugh. They also do EVERYTHING by the book. Must be nice to live in their ideal world.
Met my dad and sis at Thomson plaza for lunch afterwards at this really cool Thai place that Vanessa intro'ed us to. It doesn't look like much.. looks more like a little hole-in-the-wall cafe.. but damn, the food is good AND cheap! Stuffed ourselves silly.. rounded it off with mango and sticky rice... and then waddled off to the bike shop to pick up the hubby's wheel which had been sent in for repair. After a couple more detours, we headed off to yet another bike shop (yes, there are too many bike shops in Singapore) but this time for me!! =) Kale's roped Dawn and I into doing a mini tri in May.. and since Dawn doesn't have a bike, and I only have a mountain bike, we're going to have to borrow one. So we went to a slightly more affordable bike shop and looked at bike sizes... rode a couple around the parking lot, and all I can say is that I definitely look like a spaz on a bike. Even Kale, the ever patient around me and a bike, uttered the term when I was trying, ungracefully, to dismount!!
Slight sidetrack.. the hubby found this really really pretty bike online.. it's a lavender Specialised road bike.. and it sooo has my name all over it (that's if i'll ever be in the market for a bike).
Ok, anyhow, after that, we met up with my dad for dinner.. and we had, again, too much to eat... went to Outback, I ordered the fried mushrooms and a cup of soup.. Kale had a huge salad and my dad had fish and chips. We were trying to pay when the manager happily shared with us that since we had spent over a certain amount, we were entitled to a free dessert of our choice. By this point we were already busting at the seams, but we hunkered down, ordered a cinnamon apple ice-cream concoction and tried our best to make a dent on it. Rolled our way out of the restaurant and walked around the mall to work off dinner.
I got me some sandals to replace the 2 year old pair that I have that are falling apart.. and a pair of boardshorts for Thailand that I will probably never wear again. So Dawn will probably be the beneficiary of that purchase!
The Candy Empire also finally brought in the Arnotts Rice Cookies from Australia. Woo hoo!!
Sunday was pretty much sleepy... we went out for church, then the bike shop (again), then met my dad and sis for lunch at Parkway.. headed home, watched the inauguration of the Pope on tv, fell asleep and woke up for dinner. That was pretty much our Sunday. Oh, and I left out the part about me falling asleep on every car ride during the day. yeah. Kale estimates I had about 4 hours of sleep (cumulative) throughout the day.


2 Comments:
Hi guys, Still can't figure why neither on of you weighs 700 lbs!!!! Soooooo much food ;)
Have a good one in Thailand.
xoxoxoxox Mom
For starters, he rides ALL THE TIME... so that helps! The doc says he's got no fat on him!!!
As for me.. I think I just got lucky with the gene pool.. although I think my luck is running out...
Am looking forward to Thailand.. getting everything ready for a grimy, guy-centric trip - sunblock, wet wipes, travel wash..
Our team will be the best-equipped team out there.. heh.
Post a Comment
<< Home