Friday, April 29, 2005

brainwashed

I've been brainwashed. Not only am I doing that little itsy-teeny-weeny tri in May with Kale and Dawn, but the hubby has also convinced me to do an adventure race in June. I just dropped the application form in the mail.. egads.

Now, the next thing to wrap my brain around is to figure out if I wanna do the Osim again. I just have a phobia of swimming in that sea again after last time around. I need to decide by today otherwise I don't qualify for the early bird discount. Duh.

By the way, just cos we thought we were so funny.. here's our team name for the adventure race - "PC load letter". If you've ever watched "Office Space", you'll totally understand why we picked this one.. imagine the thoughts going thru ppl's head as they scan by this name on the list. HAHAHA.

We head off for Thailand tomorrow.. wish I was more excited. Somehow I'm not. Think it has something to do with me still being at work, and not having started packing yet. I think the whole packing thing is what cues the "omigod, i'm going on a trip" elation. Hopefully I won't be too tired after salsa tonite to pack.. hopefully I'll actually remember everything that I need..

Update more later.. time to actually get down to work. boo.

10 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nonsense. I would never brainwash my wife.

Besides, it would never work. I'd have an easier time changing the world around her as opposed to changing the way she sees that world.

;)

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha... kale is funny!!!! i never knew. the dude needs to speak more. then again, with u, dawn and me yakking... don't think he'd get much of a chance to butt in. heh... ;p

okie... i say do the osim thingy. i'll come with dawn to cheer you on. or better still, convince dawn to do the osim tri... since she'll have had some sort of feel from doing the one in may. no? besides, you 2 will already be training...so just carry on for a little bit longer for the osim one lah... hehehehe.... ;)
-VAN-

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, maybe there is something to this brainwashing thing. I actually wrote the following before changing it to what i said above:

"Nonsense, I would never brainwash my wife.

Her friends, maybe. But never my wife."

hahahha.....probably regret writing that, but with friends like these, who needs brainwashing. Thanks Vanessa!!!

;)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger maleana said...

don't think dawn would do it leh.
anyway, have asked kale to sign me up just because. i figure, if nothing else, i'd still walk away with a nice t-shirt. heh.

and yes, who knew that behind that icy exterior there was actually a personality? hahah.

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! U do tri?
Jeez! I'm trying to do my 10km at the std chart
and.. I was supposed to fly up to BKK in 1/2hr.. but.. yea..

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger maleana said...

oh, don't mix me up with the serious triathletes like my lovely hubby.. i only do the recreational itsy bitsy ones. i'm sure you could do them easily with your running routines!!! i'm actually a huge couch potato who tries to get off my butt ever so often to do these things!

i'm actually leaving for BKK tomorrow.. but not hanging around in Bangkok.. following the hubby's bike race north of Bangkok. i'm sorry things didn't work out for you and the trip =(

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, i'd like to see the day kale brainwashes me to join in with the tri and all. esp since, i'm the one who can't cycle and swim.

perhaps when they start doing such races with a stationary bike and a pool that is only 1m deep. i cld cycle like a maniac on the spot, then wade like a maniac for however many metres i need. the running wld b a prob though, but at least i already know how to run, so that wldn't b too bad, yes?

ah-hahahahahahahaha.... *ROFL*

-VAN-

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! forgot to add that dee, if you're wondering why i encouraged you to sign up for the osim tri, let me just say, that it's not my fault. it's kale's! read his reply... see, he's brainwashed me to get to you, already!

so effective his technique, must get him to teach all of me, so can use on mr chan. hahahahaha.... ;)

-VAN-

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If any of you are familiar with The Simpsons, let me put a picture of Mr. Burns in your head...

Excellent!!.....

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger maleana said...

wah biang.. the 2 of you ganging up.. not fair!! =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home