Month #3
Hi Meredith,
You've grown by leaps and bounds this past month... and amazing as it may sound, you seemed to grow right in front of our eyes. Previously, you were just an adorable l'il lump.. now you're an adorable not-so-little lump with a personality. And your dad and I are having a world of a time trying to identify which of your personality traits are attributable to each of us.
It appears that you've gotten the hyper and attention-demanding traits from me... if you're in the room, ALL eyes must be on you, and you must be a part of every conversation. Heaven forbid we have a conversation on our own and not look at you while we talk! Talk about Ms I-Need-Attention! You also like to eat all.the.time. Which is sooo me. So I guess I can't really complain when you're squirming to get back on the boob for the umpteenth time. You have a really short attention span, which again probably comes from me. We need to switch you from the playpen to the swing to something else just to keep you occupied. Your grandma suspects that's why you hate the car seat at night - there's nothing to see out of the windows.
You've however gotten your dad's dislike for noise. If it's too noisy, you get REALLY cranky and scream your lungs out. The minute we take you out of a noisy room (as proven at a house party we brought you to), you calm right down. Even your pedeatrician says you're a sensitive baby! Your moods also mirror his - you're chirpy, happy and basically angelic when you first wake up in the morning. But by the evening, you usually melt into this hysterical, red-faced, screaming, sweaty lump, complete with two little teardrops squeezed out from your eyes for theatrical effect as you holler. Nothing can calm you down when you get yourself worked up like that. Your dad's alot like that too - warm and nice in the morning, grouchier in the evening. Your words (coos) are like gold - few and far between... again, another trait you probably get from your very quiet/stoic father (cos goodness knows you didn't get that from me!) You make up for the lack of verbal expression with a very expressive face. You can move just one eyebrow (something that my gynae excitedly pointed out) and this again, you get from your dad cos I can't do it! You also have little dimples which are just beginning to make their appearance.
Your favorite thing is to lie on your back and have people talk to you and make faces at you. You make faces right back, gurgle and coo back. It's the most adorable thing and can melt anyone's heart. You can now focus very clearly on us as we talk to you and as we move around you. Your dad and you have these marathon tongue-sticking out sessions, which are hilarious to witness (altho your grandma would rather you not stick your tongue out so much.. hah).
Like I said, you've really grown soooo much this past month. Your eyes are huge and expressive and the positive affirmation that we get from seeing you respond to us is priceless. Your Swingapore grandparents have become sooo attached to you and they see the changes in you even more cos they don't see you every day (well at least your Kongkong doesn't...)
You're also learning to suck on your left hand. And by hand, I mean hand. Not just fingers - more your palm! You're still not quite coordinated enough to hold it in your mouth by yourself so we find you using your right hand to hold the one you're sucking on in your mouth. You end up with drool all over your face and a really smelly hand. Euww..
Physically, you've also grown - 6.1kg and 60cm at 12 weeks. You've been promoted to the next size in clothes and your clothing options are so much more varied now that you've moved into baby (and not newborn) territory. Your grandma and I have a great time dressing you up... we have some pictures of you that I'll drag out to embarass you when you're older. haha.
Anyhow... there's so much to write, but I think I should end here before I end up a blubbering emotional heap! Wonder what next month's going to bring...


1 Comments:
Her other gramma can do nothing other than ;) ;) ;) !!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home