First missed race...
It was the GE 10k run yesterday. I signed up for the 5km run hoping to use it as a mid-training milestone for the 10k run that I've signed up for in Dec. For the first time, I didn't go for a race that I signed up for despite not training for it. I typically don't train and then go ahead and do the race anyhow.
I would have done it except that I really haven't exercised in a year (since before I was preggers) and I'm not sure how my body will react to a sudden jump in physical exertion. I'd been planning on doing a couple of short runs to lead up to it but the damn haze got in the way. In addition, I've been experiencing dizzy spells where all of a sudden the room spins and I can't focus. Which is scary and was enough to make me think that pushing through the run was a bad idea.
So anyhow, I'm disappointed that I didn't do the race. But beyond that, I'm concerned that these dizzy spells are a sign of something bigger. Bleah. Seeing doc later. Hope it's nothing a few vitamins can't fix.


4 Comments:
For me, dizzy spells tells me that I'm suffering from lack of rest and good quality sleep! I still get them once in a while after I reach home from work...
doc said it's vertigo, possibly caused by viral infection or just being tired.. going to get a second opinion...
Yes, please do keep us updated with the dizzy spells.
Joan
thanks joan.. will def update once i find out what on earth is causing them. worrisome.. sigh. you had the misfortune of witnessing the worst one so far! quite embarassing, i have to say.. =(
Post a Comment
<< Home