k'ching....
So my credit card got a work-out last nite. Phew.
I'm running out of work clothes that fit my ever-expanding girth, and I can't recycle the 4 office-worthy tops often enough to even cover a week. So, we went out shopping last nite (read: I dragged the hubby shopping last nite).
The loot?
- 1 sleeveless shirt on 30% sale
- 2 pairs of shorts for kale's upcoming bike race and ride to m'sia (one of which was also 30% off)
- a pair of jeans (which i desperately need for fridays at work)
- a shrug to wear over my strappy tops to make them decent for work
- tube bra (to wear inside all my strappy blouses)
The damage? S$190. ouch. I've accumulated enough to even get a VIP card at that store!
Hmm.. so yes, notice how out of all the loot, only 2 pieces are work-worthy? Yeah, story of my life - getting distracted while shopping.
I'm trying to console myself that the whole lot cost me less than I would have paid for the same number of items on a regular shopping spree. So there. pfft. But yeah, still a bit "sim-tia" (directly translated to "heart-pain" or feeling the pinch). Where possible, I bought things a size larger to extend the mileage I get out of them.
I *was* trying to save money by buying regular clothes in a larger size, but they just aren't comfy - the waistbands sit all wrong and pinch in the wrong places. And when you can't find a size big enough to accomodate you (I'm already a L), you know you're in trouble. sigh. I'm not even that big yet!
We then went over to Rice Table (which is sooo conveniently located next to the maternity store) and stuffed ourselves silly. It's been sooo long since we've eaten there. I gave the hubby a treat (which given our method of managing our finances, doesn't really mean much) for being so nice and going shopping with me. Headed home, caught the tail end of American Idol and crashed.
So zonked today - thankfully the afternoon looks slow. Hope to catch up on some stuff today. The weekend is in sight!! yeay!


4 Comments:
okie...if you're already a L, and you're tiny. then what about me?!?!? *faintz*
perhaps i should just adopt. hmm....
i'm a "L" for regular clothes lah.
not for maternity wear. maternity i'm in betw "S" and "M" so still got "L" and "XL" to go.
other options is to shop at dorothy perkins and topshop maternity. their sizes run bigger..and their cut is roomier so for hip-less me, it doesn't really work. i need the asian cut that the other non-branded maternity places have. i think u'll hv no problem with dorothy perkins and the like since you wear their stuff regularly anyhow! =)
there is still hope... hee
Erm, i think i spent close to S$1k for all my maternity clothes... Yikes!
hah.. i expect by the end i'll be close to there..
all in all, so far, not including the stuff my mom bought me, i've spent about $450. still have 4 months to go!! eeps.
but i figure some of the stuff i have can last till delivery, so probably won't need to buy as much later...
Post a Comment
<< Home