Saturday, September 10, 2005

Gloomy, just like me...

The weather outside is frightful, and the mood in this house equally so. It's gross out.. it's not even really raining.. it's just sorta dripping and drizzling.. like it can't make up its mind if it really should be raining or not. It's the worst kind of weather.. just blooming depressing.

I spent the last couple of hours being domesticated, cleaning up and doing laundry and packing. It's as if I'm subconsciously trying to make up for the lack of domestication over the coming week. hmm. We'll be heading off to church in about a half hour but for now Kale's camped out in front of the tv show watching some melodramatic civil war-ish movie with people shooting and yelling. How depressing. The movie I mean, not Kale camped out in front of the tv.

I came to the conclusion that I have separation anxiety a looong time ago. In a way, I'm glad that Kale's not in the Navy cos I don't think I could take the long periods apart. I don't do well with distance. Guess you could say I'm clingy. I'm an extreme extrovert, to the point that I can't bear the thought of having to spend any time alone. If Kale goes away on trip, I make sure I make plans so I'm occupied the entire period.

Looking back I don't know how we ever made it through the year (more or less) apart. Seems like such a long time ago, but I know that I was counting down till he'd show up here... and that I was waiting with every ounce of my being (yes yes, I do have a penchance for the melodramatic). But it's not far from the truth, honestly.

So anyhow, yeah, now that I'm heading off for a week (yes, folks, only a week), I'm beginning to feel the same separation anxiety. Those that know me know that I have an awfully hyper imagination, and I'm trying not to think of all the reasons why this trip could be trouble - firstly, I'm travelling all alone to somewhere.. and no one's meeting me there. secondly, I'm flying off on september 11th (no real biggie, but still psychologically negative). Thirdly, I'm not used to the thought of sleeping alone in some hotel room somewhere. Believe it or not, I've never traveled alone and had to stay alone somewhere. I've flown a bunch of times on my own, but I've always been met on the other side. Sigh...

Here's to a new experience... and just in case, I'm going to pray EXTRA hard today at church. (if there's even such a thing)

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww...i'm sure you'll be fine. you can do eet!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger maleana said...

thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home