Ups and downs
These past couple of days have been a little crazy. First my dad who's currently in the US with my mom and my sis somehow has a fever, and I'm a little worried about him cos it's no fun being sick away from home. And I feel sorta helpless being so far away.. =( Good news is that the fever has come down. I just hope the symptoms aren't a sign of something bigger.
I also went from being pretty darn free (during the transition period) to being crazy busy at work. I just found out yesterday that I'm going to be sent on a work trip to China in less than 2 weeks. It's not 100% confirmed, but it's pretty close to that. Spent today rushing some paperwork, and I guess I'll be prepping for the next couple of weeks. 2 weeks is really not much notice given that I don't know anything about our my new portfolio, so I'm essentially not capable of answering many technical questions, and 2ndly cos my mandarin sucks. I'm such a kentang.. or banana (yellow on the outside, white on the inside), whichever analogy suits you better. Oh yah, that and it's my first work trip. *bites nails*
Kinda bummed that I have to miss class in order to go... but I guess work is definitely the bigger priority right now. My parents and I will practically be playing trip tag cos I'm scheduled to leave just before they get back. Groan. That would mean that I wouldn't have seen them for 1 month! Wow.
On another note, I'm sick again. And this time, I didn't get any medication nor an MC from the doc. She says that all the antibiotics that would be effective for what I have, I'm allergic to. And the other more complex antibiotics should be avoided if there's even a remote chance you're pregnant. Since I can't vouch unequivocally for the latter (there is no need to over-read this line!), the doc took the safe route and I was sent off with only instructions to drink lots of water and cranberry juice. *groan*
I've just come to the conclusion that this year is a sucky one for birthdays.. I was sick on Kale's b'day and now it looks like I'm going to be down for mine too. What is up with this? Argh.


3 Comments:
If it's any consolation, I just talked to your Dad on Skype and he sounded fine. I was a victim of Dad B's "Hey, let me show this amazing thing called Skype that I discovered" call routine. Which reminds me, tell that husband of yours to square the Macs away already and get back on Skype.
Cheers,
Dave
Interesting that I talk to you this way, but sure, I'll work with it.
Mac should be back on Skype this weekend. Liberal computers take a long time to get hooked up.....you know, have to apply for funding, wait for approval......damn commies.
thanks for the reassurance. =)
i spoke to your parents this morning (my time) too. my parents played "pass the phone" while they were at dinner with your parents. your dad gave me the standard "what are you doing sleeping? it's 730.." line. i'm sure he said it out of jest.. cos you could hear the laughter in his voice. i told kale and he just rolled his eyes.. haha.
Post a Comment
<< Home