mission accomplished...
We actually made it for the run yesterday. The evening didn't start off too well as he came home in a foul mood after nearly being run off the road by some idiot driver.
But we both suited up in our running gear (I put on my spanking new running shoes for the *first* time) and headed out. Did a short loop. No idea how long it was. Kale estimates between 2-3km.
I have to say that I semi-enjoyed it as long as I was still running. It was the stopping and going part (at traffic lights) that I didn't quite like. Legs turn to jello lah. I also learnt yesterday that it's so much easier if I breathe through my nose. No drying out of my throat to cause the crazy hacking fits that make me need water that in turn makes me wanna hurl. Yes folks, after 26 years, 11 months and a couple of days, I *just* learnt that yesterday. Yeay me!
But the best part came after. We came back home, dried off and then headed across the street for DINNER! My fave part of the day!! We had steamboat - I had the beef set in chicken broth and he had the chicken set in some seriously potent tom yam soup. My eyes were tearing just from inhaling the steam coming out of his pot. Damn.
So we're both content - he cos he managed to run (albeit at a veerrryyy sloooowww pace), and me cos I finally managed to drag my ass out for some form of exercise, and cos I had a good satisfying dinner which was topped off with an ice-cream cone from Mickey-Dees! Yums.
We're going to try and keep this going - i.e. the exercise part, not the eating part. Perhaps mountain biking this weekend.. we'll see. And definitely running again.


2 Comments:
This all makes me smile ;) ;) ;)
K's Mom
I'm glad it does.. Your son is seriously brainwashing me!! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home