New Balance Corporate Triathlon
Kale's take:
I'm not much of a complainer, but I'll do my best to line up a few 'questions for the management.'
1. Noon? I know I've asked this before, but why? Why do you start a race at 12 given that we're on the Equator?? Dude.....
2. Closed course/Open course? Why is the course closed for practice before the race, yet open to traffic during the race? Please, explain, I'm not following.
Last one....
3. Noooooon?
Anyway, the race was good. Or, as good as 800m of swimming, 20km of cycling and 5km of running in the (did i mention noon) hot hot sun. Since there were 1000 or so joes lined up we had 5 separate waves go off. At 30 minute intervals. Fortunately i was off in the first one, but due to the size my category (Men's Open) was split into two.
Came out of the water about 25 and managed to reel in quite a few on my trusty bike. Got off the bike in 4th and managed to somehow hold that for a suffering cramp-filled jog. Since the category was split I won't know where I landed until tomorrow or the next day but right now I'm happy with where i ended up. Further reinforces my belief that I should actually train for these things....hmmm. stupid work.
Special thanks to the wife for coming out to give a few cheers for the beer-belly husband. She certainly didn't have to and by the look on her face she probably would have been much happier in someplace with a wee bit of air conditioning....hell, some shade and a decent breeze would have been ample.
Til next time, enjoy the pictures,
the husband.

Kale, Darren, Vincent & Sharon - 4 out of the 78 HP employees that took part

Us at the start of the race

In the swim start area

The swim

Heading for shore

Emerging out of the water

Coming in from the bike leg

Coming in for the finish

The Finish!

After the race


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home