It's a girl!
So we had our 20-week detailed scan this past Friday. Due to scheduling issues, I was already in my 21st week, but eh, who's counting?
Anyhow, after 45 mins, I'm pleased to announce that everything is going well.. the baby looks like she's doing just fine. Everything is where it's supposed to be, all major organs are functioning well, and as far as the scan goes, we've been given a clean bill of health. =) Of course they have all the usual disclaimers about how a scan can't pick up small issues, but I'm happy with the results anyhow!
The big news is that we've confirmed the stowaway is a girl.. Selene now has license to go hog wild in the pink department! hah. This also means we can start thinking about names! Woo hoo! I would also say that we can go shopping, but I'm trying very hard to put off baby-goods shopping till after my exams. Emphasis on "trying".
The baby is also bigger than the 50th percentile. Which I'm pleasantly surprised to hear. All I've been hearing all along is how I look too small, how I don't eat enough and how I haven't gained enough weight. The fact that the baby is thriving and is slightly bigger than average means I can't be doing too much wrong. Checked with the doc about my weight and despite the *reasonably* low weight gain so far (I'm clocking in at 51.2kg right now), she says I'm a-ok. I'm sure the pounds will pile on in the next couple of months anyhow. I've seen too many of my colleagues balloon in the last few months to expect anything less.
The funny thing was that during the scan, the doc doing the scan was trying to get the baby to uncurl so that he could get a clear look at the vital organs. He poked and prodded with the probe and the babe looked pretty nonplussed. At one point, the doc pointed out the left arm and went something like "...erm... and i'm looking for the right arm...". The babe had moved and the right arm that was in the screen, was now not. After moving the probe around.. the doc located the other arm. The kiddo had moved the arm around behind her and, get this, was scratching her butt!! I kid you not! That's what the doc said! This one is definitely her father's daughter! hah.
Just wanted to give a quick update. =) It's late, and there's work tomorrow.. so I'm heading off to bed.. G'nite y'all.


2 Comments:
Congrats Denise and Kale! :)
Congrats Denise and Kale! :) 3A)
Post a Comment
<< Home