house-y chores
So, on the weekdays when we do get a chance to eat together at home, I usually pop by the store in my building on the way home to buy stuff to make dinner. I get home, and we make dinner together. Sometimes more me than him, sometimes we're evenly matched.
Buying food for dinner always puts me in a bad mood cos I need to juggle the basket at the store with my laptop bag (usually) and then have to carry the food plus my oh-so-heavy IBM laptop on the subway. Bleah. Especially on days when I get out of the office late. By the time I get home, I'm grumpy (cos I've usually missed the train and had to wait 6 mins for the next one) and tired. So making dinner is sometimes a mental/emotional challenge for me even tho I don't have to do it alone. It's usually the last thing I want to do.
The point of this whole story is that it usually doesn't take more than a "thank you" from the husband to make me feel better and feel appreciated. Suddenly I don't feel so grumpy, and everything is a lot more bearable. It's all about feeling appreciated and realising that he notices the little things.
Thing is, as I type this, he's in the kitchen doing the dishes from yesterday... without me asking. Which, to me, makes him my hero. Cos I totally didn't want to face those dishes. And the thing is, I know he won't expect so much as a thank you from me.. cos he doesn't need to feel appreciated the same way I do. I NEED it. If I don't get a "thank you", I feel taken for granted and get grumpy.
So yes, I'm thankful he's so supportive... and I'm going to try to be equally supportive and non-whiny back. These are the times I'm glad that we're such different people!
And yes, I know I still owe the rest of the pictures and a write-up from the weekend, and I have a picture from the scan yesterday as well. Just haven't gotten the chance to take a pic of that and upload that either. Soon, soon...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home