Thursday, March 03, 2005

Roller-coaster of a week

As the title suggests, it's been one helluva week for both of us. Monday, as you know, turned out to be some day at work for Kale. Tuesday and Wednesday have been crazy for me. The career fair that I've been working on opens today. We had the opening ceremony last nite, and as anyone who works in events will tell you, no matter how early you start planning, there're always things that crop up at the last minute. I spent Tues nite scrambling to get stuff together for this mini opening ceremony that we're putting together and getting our booth presentable. It's amazing how many small nitty-gritty things can, and will go wrong.

Yesterday evening (and evening is used liberally.. more or less afternoon thru nite) was spent at the fair's opening ceremony. Everything went well, more or less. Averted some narrowly-missed disasters due to my boo-boos.. but at least those were fixed. However, I soon came to realise that you really can't please everyone. Everyone wants a piece of the action with the Guest-of-honor, and you really can't accomodate anyone. Problem is that I feel bad, cos I know some of the company personnel personally. Of course, as the hubby says, I didn't promise them anything.. but still, I feel bad.

Think part of the problem is that I overanalyze everything, and have difficulty walking away from things and realising things are over and done with. I really need to learn to let things go. Resolution for the month. Let's see how long this lasts.

Back to my hell week at work.. this thing goes on till Sunday so I pretty much won't get any restful sleep till then. Sigh.

Oh yah, the princess gets her A' level results tomorrow.. good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home