Supplement THIS!!!
My doc gave me these new antenatal supplements this month.. supposed to be some multi-vitamin with iron and all that other good stuff. I have 1 word to describe them - EUGH! Not only are they huge and hard to swallow, but when you do finally get them down, because of all the Fe in them (that's iron for all of you who don't remember your periodic table... or aren't dorks like me) they taste like blood. So basically every time I burp, I get this gross aftertaste in my mouth that resembles rust or blood or something else gross. Eugh. And at the risk of sharing too much, they also cause constipation. Eugh x 2.
In addition to these, I also have calcium pills (Ca) and fish oil capsules which I'm continuing from the last trimester. So that's a whole bunch of stuff to swallow before I walk out the door in the morning. And since I only wake up 10-15 mins before I head out the door (10 mins if I know what I'm going to wear and 15 mins if I don't), this whole pill-popping exercise adds some serious time to my routine in the morning. I have my morning routine down to a science and now I need to figure out how to add some food in cos the pills are causing me to feel really sick in the morning. So far, all I can squeeze into my routine is a Yakult on the way out the door. I finish it before I get to the train station and it sustains me till I can get proper breakfast at the office. I'm so not ready to wake up earlier just to give myself more time. Sleep is far more valuable to me than food right now... seriously sleep deprived what with hives and needing to pee and all that jazz. I've turned into Ms Ultra Light Sleeper. If I wasn't a light sleeper before, I definitely am now!
Anyhow, on another note, I really should take a picture of my belly as a keepsake. Keep on forgetting. As the hubby likes to say - I have a belly (ala Fat Bastard in Austin Powers). It's finally beginning to ease out a little! Phew.
But I'm having a serious case of paranoia. (which is not surprising since it's me). My colleague at work is also preggers. She's a week behind me so we're pretty much even right now. This is her second child and man, I saw her at work today and she's definitely showing.. she's pretty darn huge for 12 weeks! Boy, did I feel inadequate. Now I kinda have an inkling of what pe**s envy must feel like. hah. My only consolation - it's her 2nd child and 2nd time moms are supposed to show earlier. hmm.
I'm just hoping this stowaway is growing fine. I'm sure he/she is... but man, I wish I had more physical evidence that everything's growing... As Lisa said "let it grow, let it grow, let it grow..." (sung to the tune of "let it snow... let it snow..")
OK lah, time for bed and sleep... good night y'all.


4 Comments:
Hey, no worries. Just bring the pills to work and take them after breakie :) Hmm, how come i was only given multivits at SGH? As for 2nd pregnancies, they show faster :)
i had the fish oil and folic acid for the first couple of months. she said no need for multi-vits till later so just started on those now. still continuing the fish oil. i don't drink enough milk so i have calcium pills as well...perhaps you didn't need the extra calcium. no idea what the fish oil does!
i would bring them to work but am worried i'll forget to bring them back for the wkend!
you're very funny lor.
bump also want to compare. heh.
but yeah, 2nd time moms definitely show much faster. i cld tell which of my colleagues were pregnant when they had their 2nd child, and they weren't even telling people yet.
then again, i've always had a good eye for these things. no make that, i'm just KAYPO!!! hahahahaha.... *ROFL*
you really very funny.. notice these sorts of things. actually tho, i also very kaypoh.. so pot calling the kettle black lor!
Post a Comment
<< Home