Worldwide premiere - Stowaway
So, you may want to read this post... may be just a leetle interesting =)
There's been a reason for me feeling so under the weather over the past couple of weeks... the same reason why I've been feeling so tired, and yup, the same reason for why I haven't been on my bike or out for a run, etc...
That reason is about 7.2cm long right now, has 2 arms, 2 ears, 2 legs, 8 fingers, 2 thumbs, one heck of a hyper heart, and from what we can see, a functioning liver, bladder, brain, stomach, kidneys, etc...
So since we've FINALLY moved into the 2nd trimester this week, we can FINALLY make this public. It's been killing me to have to keep this a secret... it didn't bother Kale at all, obviously since he's Mr "i can work for SD6 and keep a lead a double life". I've had to tell a couple of close friends just to keep my sanity... so that I had an outlet. We told my extended family over CNY, Kale's family over X'mas so at least people linked by blood have been clued in.
So yeah, the big news is that this year is going to be a big one. =) There'll be a new Buonerba on the block, and this one will be making his/her debut in Singapore. And from the looks of it, this is going to be one hyper kiddo. We had a detailed scan today and the kiddo was bouncing all over the place... even the doctor commented that the baby was moving a whole bunch. We got to see the baby's heart beating during our last scan but we got to hear it today during the scan... at 160 beats/min, that heart is one busy little thing. Following the scan, my lovely husband proceeds to tell me that the sound from the scan resembles the sonar on a submarine when they're trying to decide if it's a fish or a prop. Yeahhhh...... righhhtt... Wait, he just clarified it's not just the sound that resembles the sonar but even the display resembles what you see in a sonar room... geez...he's going to take a camera in there next time around just to prove his point.
So anyhow, for those who want the gory details, we found out in mid-Dec and the beebster is due in August. I'm still not showing (not even close) and I'm betting it'll be another month or so before I do. Will give a more detailed blow-by-blow account sometime soon when I'm not quite so pooped.. but I'd thought I'd get it out there.
Here are some of the first "pictures" of the stowaway... apologise for the poor quality but er, we don't have a scanner so I had to take photos of the pictures...
At 5 weeks - just a blob
At 9 weeks - beginning to resemble a baby
At 13 weeks - all features are inWe had one of the stowaway waving at us but it turned out rather x-files-ish once I took the photo of the picture so I bailed on posting it. I can show it in person to whoever wants to see it though! =)


9 Comments:
heyy! huilin here =) congrats on the new baby! =)
thank you, my dear! =)
how's med school treating you?
congratulations babe!!!
can't wait for the little one to arrive. another one for aunty van to spoil. hehehehe..... ;p
in the meantime, take care of yourself ya? *hugz*
YAY!!! Official Congrats are in order!!!! *hugs*
AH!!!!
jie i'm so happy now i can finally jump around and proclaim it out loud! ur baby will be sooo prettyyyy i can't wait!!!!
( i was literally jumping on my bed!)
Hey Denise! Congrats!!!
Sel IS REALLY JUMPING ON THE BED. BOUNCING RATHER. ahhaa. and she wants to fly back home now. okok. i got to go stop her before the whole building collapses.
ok, 1 reply at a time..
van - thanks (again) my dear.. yes, yes, spoil away.. what wld be the fun otherwise? hah.
carie-ann- thanks (again) too!! aren't u supposed to be in the land down-under? i know, i'm relieved the secret is out!
selene and valerie - you guys totally cracked me up. i almost fell off my chair laughing at your comments. you're really too funny!!! selene, what happens if it's a boy? will it still be preeettttyyy? err... ;p
=) med sch's so-so cos exams are coming up bleah.. but it does have its moments =)
Ur scan sounds familiar... E oso kicked the probe till the scanning tech commented that she's very active.
Post a Comment
<< Home