Monday, May 09, 2005

Of couches, vases and mattresses...

Typed this earlier today while waiting for lunch but didn't have time to upload it so here it is..

Just a quick update on the weekend. I basically slept Saturday afternoon away cos I had a splitting headache that had carried over from Friday evening. Woke up in time for dinner with John, Ivy, Jim amd Jessy at Victors. I've eaten there enough to get the full-fledged VIP card. Bumped into my parents and Selene there - Singapore is too small!

We got up on Sunday, drove my mom to church and then headed off to church ourselves. Sat behind a 12 year old who was going on 30. She had more jewellery on than I had, and her skirt was so short it was up the wazoo!! We then headed off to Ikea to order ourselves a new couch. The one that we have now was a gift from my parents and while very pretty and comfortable, is too short to actually lie down on. We got a 3-seater olive green couch and ottoman and it'll be delivered with our replacement mattress this Saturday. The mattress is a whole other story - we've only had it 7 months or so and there's already a big dent in it. I swear it's Kale's butt that made the dent but he insists otherwise. Oh well. Ikea has a mattress guarantee program so we have to pay $19 for depreciation and we get a new mattress. Not bad.

While at Ikea, I stopped by the florist to get some flowers for Mothers day. Now, each tulip stalk costs $3. So I wanted 6 tulips, and I wanted them wrapped up. The lady then happily tells me that that would cost $45 cos it's considered a bouquet. I flipped and walked out, went into Ikea, bought a really pretty vase, and then had Kale buy 3 tulips for the vase and left Ikea triumphant. Now, not only did I have something worth keeping (the vase) but I got the whole thing for less than the stupid bouquet would have cost! pffffttt!!!

We went over to the 'rents for lunch and went through some of our old stuff that has been stashed away in storage forever! The 'rents are moving soon so they're clearing out the house. Found all my old uniforms, and some baby clothes. There was even a cushion cover and an apron that I sewed in primary school! heh. Threw some of the stuff out, and kept some of the old sweaters and warm clothes that my mom had knit way back in England. Figured they'd come in handy when either Selene or I have kids.

We then headed back home where I cleaned up my blog and changed a lampshade while Kale unpacked his bike. We then drove out to Dan Ryan's for Mother's Day dinner with my family and my grandma. Had waaaayyy too much food, but it was good. Came home, watched some telly, Kale called home to wish his mom a happy mother's day, and we called it a nite. Pretty uneventful, me thinks. A nice slow weekend to catch up on rest before a full week at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home