suspicious packages
We received a package from Fed Ex yesterday... it was a brown nondescript box, with the usual custom forms stuck all over it and with an unfamiliar name in the "sender" field. hmm. The description of the contents was even more "hmm" -- all it said was "Clock". Wow, so now we have a brown, nondescript box that possibly ticks that was sent by an unknown party. Can you say sketchy?
So Kale and I pull out all the custom forms trying to figure out who had sent the parcel, and if it was safe to open. Luckily, the very last form that we pulled out bore a familiar name, so we opened the package to reveal our very first wedding present... a nautical clock!! Woo hoo!! A huge hunk of brass! Wow. It weighed a ton.
So yes, now it's finally beginning to set in. How lame is that.. it takes a wedding gift to make it sink in that the wedding's getting close?
I have 1 more working day till I fly (not counting the 3 hours left to today) and there's just sooooo much to do at work it's not funny... think I've just been running around like a headless chicken to the point that I don't even think I'm thinking about the significance of getting married... I'm just thinking about making it till Wednesday, and getting everything squired away so that it doesn't all fall apart while I'm away. Then again, if I'm that important that everything will fall apart if I'm not here to save it, then they should pay me a whole lot more!!! I'm just not looking forward to coming back to all the mayhem.. grrr.
So in other wedding news, I pick up my gown tomorrow and have my local hair and make-up trial.. yay! Am taking a day off on Monday to settle all loose ends and run errands... so hopefully we'll be all settled come Wednesday morning when we board the flight! The count-down is on... 2 more weeks till THE-day!! =)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home