Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First post of 2006

Ok, so I'm a little late... we're well into 2006. Ah well...

We got back to Singapore last nite... caught up with my sis for dinner and a couple of hours later before she took off this morning to go back to Michigan. It sucks that we didn't get to spend more time together. Hopefully I'll be able to take a trip out there sometime this year. I'm not hopeful, but will definitely try.

It was an old-person's new year's eve for us. Crashed into bed at 10:30pm.. got woken up at 12:15pm by loud bangs. Turn out the Swiss/Germans/Italians love their fireworks. And I mean fireWORKS, not fire CRACKERS. Not the little puny sparkler type things - more the National Day kinda of *boom boom* pyrotechnics. I decided after tossing and turning for a half hour that if I couldn't beat them, I'd join them so I climbed out of bed and sat by the porch to watch the fireworks go off in the driveway down from our apartment. Was really quite nice.

I have pictures, oodles and oodles of pictures from the trip but they will have to wait. Too jetlagged and pooped to upload them now. I also have new year's resolutions, the most important one being to try to go with the flow more and ease the control freak in me. The next most important being to count my blessings.

Work today was tough.. left a little early cos I wasn't feeling too hot... came home, had dinner, crashed and woke up to catch the season finale of Laguna Beach. Watching back episodes of CSI... going to go to bed soon... this jet lag crap is harsh, dude.

Ok lah.. time for that shower.. catch you guys tomorrow when I'm hopefully more lucid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home